Slab Leak Repairs in San Diego County
Leaky pipes are annoying, but most of the time they are fairly easy to detect and repair before major damage can be caused. But what happens when there’s a leak under your concrete foundation? This is called a slab leak, and it can cause all sorts of problems for you and your home. They most frequently occur in older homes where pipes have had time to corrode and become damaged due to shifting foundations; however, any house can experience this issue.
In many cases, the homeowner fails to notice a slab leak until the foundation begins buckling due to the uncontrolled flow of water. These leaks can and sometimes do cause extensive damage. Don’t let this happen to you—contact Rooter Solutions if you suspect that there is a slab leak on your property.
Signs of a Slab Leak
Slab leaks are often difficult to detect because they originate in pipes that are hidden from sight under the foundation. Even so, there are certain signs that may indicate that you have a leak of this nature. Common signs you may need slab leak repairs include the following:
- High water bill – If your water bill has risen sharply for no apparent reason, it’s likely you have a leak somewhere. A slab leak isn’t the only possible cause of a high water bill, however, so it’s important to rule out other potential sources first. A sudden drop in water pressure is a similar issue that may be caused by slab leaks.
- Sound of running water – You keep hearing running water, even though all the faucets and water-using appliances are turned off. It may be a slab leak.
- Cracks in the foundation – This may indicate that the leaking water is beginning to damage the foundation of your home.
- Wet floor or carpet – Slab leaks sometimes lead to water making its way into your floors or carpets. The presence of mold is one symptom of this phenomenon.
- Water around the home – If you keep seeing water around the outer perimeter of your home, you could have a slab leak.
If any of these problems develop, you should call a professional immediately.
Slab Leak Repairs from Rooter Solutions
Slab leaks aren’t all alike, and the nature of the repair depends on the age of the pipes, the location of the leak, and other factors. Your slab leak repair may involve fixing the leaky pipe, using epoxy coating in the inside of the pipes, or re-piping the system.
Our team of technicians will visit your home and conduct a thorough inspection to pinpoint the problem. Then we’ll figure out a plan to fix the leak. We can’t get started until you reach out to us, though. Homeowners in San Diego county can contact us by phone at (619) 870-6000 for a free consultation.