One kitchen appliance found in many homes is the garbage disposal. It helps break down food so that it is safe to run down the drain and not worry about clogs. However, garbage disposals can stop working, become clogged, and develop potential health hazards when not used and maintained correctly.
Let Us Do the Work for You
If you notice that your garbage disposal is no longer running properly, do not attempt to fix the problem yourself! Doing so can be very dangerous because of the powerful blades.
Instead, rely on our licensed San Diego garbage disposal repair professionals at Rooter Solutions for premier plumbing services in San Diego County. Garbage disposal repair issues are often caused by placing large pieces of food and other items that should not be run in the disposal, such as:
- Potato peelings
- Egg shells
- Fibrous vegetables (celery, pumpkin, squash, etc.)
- Onion peels
- Fruit pits
These things can cause your disposal to become clogged, develop problems, and not work correctly.
Garbage Disposal Repair Signs to Watch For
Garbage disposals can exhibit some common problems requiring repairs, including:
- Excessive noise
- Water leaks underneath the sink
- Stuck grinding plate
- Bad smell
- Water collecting in the sink long after use
- Trouble turning on or off
Garbage Disposal Replacement
If your garbage disposal has trouble processing even small pieces of food, consider replacing it altogether. A garbage disposal replacement could end up costing you less in the long run compared to ongoing garbage disposal repairs in San Diego.
Some of the features to look for when having a new garbage disposal installed include:
- The cutting teeth inside the disposal are close together.
- The unit has a decent warranty period to cover parts and labor.
- The disposal has a high-speed (high RPM) motor.
- The interior of the unit is made from stainless steel, which resists corrosion and bacteria.
- The disposal has a safety cover to protect against accidents when it is in operation.
- The unit has a high horsepower rating of three-quarters or one hp.
- The disposal has a quick-mount neck.
Our San Diego garbage disposal repair technicians can explain the difference between the features to help you select the best unit for your home.
Schedule Garbage Disposal Repair or Replacement Service
Whether you repair or replace your garbage disposal in San Diego, be sure to ask about all its features and so that it will last you for many years to come. We offer you professional work at an affordable price! Please feel free to contact Rooter Solutions San Diego at (619) 870-6000 to discuss any questions or concerns.